Care & Maintenance
With the proper care and maintenance, your new enclosure will prove to be virtually worry-free. The high quality hardware that you have chosen will require a minimal amount of attention. How to Care for your Shower Hardware
This hardware, if given the proper care, will remain as beautiful as it is now. Neglecting or ignoring the basic rules of maintenance will result in your hardware not living up to it's potential long life.
- The best way to maintain the beautiful finish on your hardware is to wipe it down after every use. After you shower, use a dry towel to thoroughly dry your hardware. If the hardware is kept clean after every use, it will not collect mineral deposits that require the use of a soap solution (noted below).
- If you are unable to dry your hardware after every use, a weekly cleaning is suggested. The correct method to be used is a mild soap and warm water mixture. Mix a couple of drops of a mild liquid soap, such as Ivory or similar product, into a cup of warm water. Using a non-abrasive cloth, proceed to clean your hardware. After you've cleaned your hardware, rinse thoroughly with clean warm water.
- WARNING: Never use an abrasive cleaner of any kind on your hardware. Many of the components are coated with a clear lacquer, which will be irreparably damaged if subject to harsh abrasive chemicals, such as ammonia based cleaners and scrubbing devices.
In addition to keeping your hardware clean, it is of equal importance to keep your glass clean. Glass that is neglected or ignored will accumulate water spots which will eventually turn into mineral deposits and permanently damaging your glass.
- The best way to keep your glass free of potentially damaging water spots is to "Squeegee" the glass after every use. A routine of using a squeegee on a daily basis, is a great habit to get into. It's a minimal investment in time, and will save you a great deal of cleaning at a later date.
- Using a surface protector such as "Invisible Shield" to protect your glass is a good idea. A surface protector can help repel water off the glass but is not intended to replace the use of a squeegee
Added note: No shower can be considered absolute watertight, avoid direct water pressure to sensitive areas. By following these simple guidelines, you can increase the life of your enclosure greatly. You have made an investment in your home by including an enclosure of the highest quality materials.
If you have any questions regarding these instructions, contact Accent Shower Doors at (916) 564-1630.